Neosho Beauty College offers education on the basic principals of Esthetics which includes a basic understanding of the science of skin care, services performed in maintenance and in depth study of products used in skin care. Students are provided with the hands on experience necessary, that enables them to prepare for the requirements of the Missouri State Board examination and a career in the workplace. Relatively new to licensing requirements in Missouri, an Esthetician career shows much promise with increasing demand in Esthetics related services that are becoming more and more common in spas and salons throughout the country.
COURSE LENGTH: 750 clock hours
FULL-TIME SCHEDULE: 9am to 5:00pm Tuesday through Thursday – 9am to 4:00pm Friday
TIME TO COMPLETE BASED ON FULL-TIME SCHEDULE: 26 weeks (approximately six months)
PART-TIME SCHEDULES: 22 hrs per week / 15 hrs per week
TIME TO COMPLETE BASED ON PART-TIME: 34 weeks (@22) 50 weeks (@15)
Basic Esthetician Course: 750 Clock Hours
Supplies (kit $500 (plus tax)
Enrollment Fee $50
Application Fee $50
Total $8350 (plus kit tax)
Students not eligible in part for financial aid that would pay for the education at Neosho Beauty College can arrange a convenient payment plan to the school for the difference of what financial aid will not cover. Students not eligible for any financial aid can arrange for a payment plan with a down payment and subsequent monthly payments. Contact the schools’ office for details.
Methods of payment accepted include full payment at time of signing the Enrollment Agreement or through an approved payment plan as. Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, credit card, through a non-federal agency or loan program, and by Title IV Federal Financial Aid if qualified. Students are responsible for paying the tuition, fees, other stated costs and for repaying any applicable loans plus interest.
Basic Course Description
Facials, Cleansing, Toning, Massaging 120 Hours
Makeup Application - All Phases 100 Hours
Hair Removal 30 Hours
Body Treatments, Aroma Therapy, Wraps 120 Hours
Reflexology 35 Hours
Cosmetic Sciences, Structure, Condition, Disorder 85 Hours
Cosmetic Chemistry, Products and Ingredients 75 Hours
Salesmanship, Salon Management 55 Hours
Sanitation, Sterilization, Safety 30 Hours
State Law 10 Hours
Miscellaneous Lectures, Test Reviews 75 Hours
Total 750 Hours
Upon completion of our esthetics course, the student shall demonstrate the ability to pass the State Board Exam, and enter a salon or spa with skills needed to successfully service the public.
- To impact ideals and attitudes of willingness to cooperate with the public, fellow workers, and employees practicing proper conduct and professional ethics.
- To help and motivate students to set personal goals to further educate themselves in the future.
- To develop habits of doing things properly in the interest of safety, and the importance of sanitation and sterilization.
- To develop knowledge of the structure of the skin.
- To develop the knowledge and ability to recognize skin disorders, and to determine possible treatments.
- To develop the knowledge and understanding of the composition of skin.
- To develop and practice the procedures of facials and bodywork treatments to enable the student to become a professional esthetician to properly serve the public.
- To develop the knowledge and understanding of product ingredients used in services and treatments.